Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need some help
Thread: Need some help
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 PM
383!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

In a perfect world I should be able to get the old fuel filter off with line wrenches, last time I tried the line itself was frozen to the nut so the line wanted to twist. I'll have to start spraying some wd40 on it a few days before. This weekend I'm going to try to replace that fuel filter and my arching wires. I have some msd 8.5mm wires on order.

as for the fuel pressure on the carb, I'm not actually sure what it should be set at, numerous sources I've found have said between 5 and 7psi. I'll lower the psi to 5 and see if that makes a diffrence but I'm not having a problem at high rpm, the truck runs amazing, it launches off the line, and pulls steady at all rpms, the problem is when I come to a stop and idle in gear for more than 40 seconds, after 40 seconds of idling in gear it will start to sputter and stall but starts right up again on one crank, or I can put it into neutral when it starts to sputter and it will be fine. Also I replaced my exhaust with long tube headers out to 3" true dual pipes to a pair of thrush mufflers with turn downs at the mufflers. The entire tbi system was removed. The computer is collecting dust on a shelf in my garage lol.