Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need some help with a 1965 Mustang cowl
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:35 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fool
Dam, DBM you were spose'd to have the solution to my problem . I already knew it was a good idea,LOL.
Sorry, The last stang I restored as over 20yrs ago .I remember thinking how silly the design was when I cut it off and replaced it but I never thought about redesigning it back then and I can barley remember anything about it ...If the car was sitting here in front of me I'm sure I could come up with a stock looking removable cowl...I'm of the same opinion as Brian ,It's only metal and it'll do what you want it to do ...Really ,when you think about it ,Basicly ,(other than finishing the edges),all you need are some mounts to screw the front and sides to. the back where the windshield is would be the hardest part mabee some kind of mounts with hooks I'd start by taking a long walk through the salvage yard and checking out how other manufactures fastened them down ,you never know your answear might be on a Yugo,there has to be something they were good for....
How about some pics to refresh my memory...I'm sure we can come up with a few ideas for you...
As much of a PITA it is to remove and replace the cowl,once its done you shouldn't ever have to do it again...