65 mustang cowl
I repaired my 68 Mustang cowl vents a few years ago. I drilled 1/8" holes thru the center of the spot welds then used 3/8" , drilled out spot welds to the outside edge, then popped loose the welds with a chisel. Man there must have been a zillion spot welds. Anyway, I am glad I removed the cowl, rust city in a big way. I cut out all rust, blasted, patched, installed new vents, primer,, painted harden AE scuffed the paint, then sprayed a rubberize clear, weld the zillion spot welds, grind welds to surface, then finished cowl. Much much work, but glad I did. Later beefed up the firewall for the export brace.