Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need some help with 1986 GM 305, TBI or Carbed???
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 02:32 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I checked and its a CCC carb, not a TBI... The "carb" on the emissions diagram is definitely referring to it as a carburetor not CARB, C.A.R.B., though...

What are your suggestions...?

We have no emissions in this county, I want it to be basically as reliable as possible, but I actually do care about emissions at least with this thing mostly for resale if we ever get rid of it... At this point mostly interested in mileage... Funny I am on my 2nd frame off but I know so little about carburetors its almost embarrassing...

Would you guys fix/rebuild/replace this CCC carb, bolt it on and run it, or slap on a 70's Q-jet or something like that to replace it...? I have this posted on one of my land cruiser boards too and they are saying toss the CCC, and I'll probably need to find a non CCC HEI as well... The HEI is 1 wire.. I don't mind doing any of that stuff, but want the best with honestly the least work for this one.. Don't mind the work, just don't have the time right now and don't have too much spare $$ right now..

Last edited by dieselcruiserhead; 04-02-2007 at 09:14 PM.