need some life changing info - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2003, 10:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

need some life changing info

well my life is really starting to suck now. my girlfriend is leaving for college which leaves me with no friends and no one to talk to or hang out with.
i am not the type of person that can cope with being alone. i sense that my life and selfisteam are going to crash as soon as shes gone.
i was studying my TASP book for the test and realized that i am going to fail it again, so no school for another season.
this may not seem like major problems for you but just the thought is destroying me and everything that i believe in.
what it all boils down to is i think i have only one way out and thats the millitary.
i have been thinking about this hard for about two weeks now and i seems it is my only choose. in the millitary (from what i hear) everything is paid for like schooling and soforth and you meet all kinds of people and have so much to choose from as far as what you want to do and where you want to go and be in life.
i have been talking to alot of people and i am thinking maybe an airplane tech would be to my greatest benifit.
i used to be a mechanic and i guess i was pretty good at it because my x--boss that i cussed out like a drunkin' sailor called up and offered me my old job back. but i said no. i kinda think my time and sweat is worth more than i can make as a mechanic. from what everyones been telling me airplain techs make great money. so i am more inclined to do that instead.

any thoughts and i meen any would be great this is my life and everything i am about riding in your and my hands so please post.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

You're doing alright....Life just gets tough some times....Stonedpup is going through the same thing....try something new...keep busy.....There are always people to talk with here....
Old 07-17-2003, 04:31 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

Remember in the military you may be called on to stop a bullet and you just might be in front of someone who wants to do target practice on your hide. You will pay for the training the military offers in blood if necessary so be prepared to defend Yourself and Your Buddies and your Country as needed. This is no vacation or easy ride, you'll work for everything the military gives you and then some. It will be and honor to serve your country and I hope your up to it.

Todd
USNR 64-72

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 07-17-2003, 04:52 AM

Last photo:

Don't want to rain on your prade, I don't know about the aircraft mechanic. American airlines is layoff big time here in KC. If they hire, they'll call back the workers before the hire new.
But if you want to go to shcool and learn. then there's nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:59 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I think we have all been where you are at some time. Life is tough when you are by yourself. When I moved off from home to go to College, My fiance had just broken it off and I left home to go live by myself in a strange town. I am not going to tell you it will feel better in a week, but over time it will get better. You will meet more people and make new friends.

I would suggest college, if you have not yet been. The thing that really changed life for me was fraternity life. I cant explain how much it changed me and my life. I would not give for it. Those were the best three years of my life(thus far).

The military is not for everyone, and I think you should really think about it before you make any rash decisions. If you dont mind handing your life over for at least the next four years and can handle the travel and lack of family life you should do fine. For me there was no way. I am too much of a control freak when it comes to my own life to give it to someone else to run for me.

Later,

Chris
Old 07-17-2003, 06:33 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

Join the armed forces! Any branch you choose. You will learn stuff they don't offer on HBO. It will get you out of the house. You will learn so much about you. I strongly urge this to anyone in your position!
When it comes to women, remember that great card with the exceptional babe on the cover. Open it and it says, "No matter what you think, somebody somewhere is tired of her crap!"

You're just a pup. Go live a little.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:18 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

CAN YOU move to the town your gal goes to school in, get an apt and a job there or nearby? would she think you were weird if you did? if you join up you will prolly never see her again but there's others out there. first targets are the marines and infantry. i think we are gonna turn iraq into another nam. the coast guard will keep you close to the shore, i didnt notice where yer from tho. if you cant go to the school you want, there are others of them too. esp. like a motorcycle school or auto painting. there is also, choke, job corps.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Boredom will not kill you, joining armed forces will.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:01 PM

Last photo:

thanks for the posts
i have many problems like -- i don't have enough education to get into school here (in dallas texas) because i have been out of school for about five years and have forgotten what little i have learned since then. i would have to work extra hard for about another year to even think about getting into school here. plus i am lacking alot as far as motovation and self disaplan.
i want to be something great. i want to make something great out of my life but i just need a little push to get me started.
i think that the millitary would be the place to go because they won't let you give up on yourself there.
a little about me-- i am an *********, i ***** on people and don't think twice about it -- friends too. yet i would do anything for anyone if they just ask. i don't know what my deal is i just don't thing before i say or do. i don't stand up staight and i can't look at you in your eyes. these are just a few of the things that i would love to change in my life and i think a good ***** kickin' from the millitary should do the trick.
i know that i will have to probably at some point put my life on the line but that doesn't bother me so much-- i will cross that bridge when it comes.
i am just tired of my life and the way things are and will be if i don't change.
i want to stand up straight, look up at my self and think yes i did it, i am not a loser i have a place in this world.
i want own the toys in my distant dreams and not have to wonder when i will be able to afford that new part i have been waiting for. confidents= women (may sound corny but true) i want to have my pick and have a great life with a woman that i care about and can relate to in every way.
i what the american dream.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Suspended

If your girl has already moved away you werent in her plans.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:22 PM

Last photo:

A younger friend of mine (23) was a mechanic in our shop. He got fed up with the BS from his girlfriend and his job and joined the Air Force. He wrote me and said basic training was a little tough, but after that it was just like college. He is now doing hands-on training to work on C-130 transport planes and loves it. He also said that if he stays in, he can retire with very good benefits at the age of 43. All in all, not a bad deal. Remember, only about 5 percent of enlisted people actually see combat, the rest are there for logistical support in non-combat roles. If you truly want what you say you want, go for it. It will be a challenge, but the alternative will also be a challenge if you can't find gainful employment. Whatever you decide to do, stick with it,bear down and give it your all and you'll come out alright
Old 07-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

AKM, I would be the last one to tell you what to do. Just research out all of your options prior to making a decision. Talk to several people that have been in (Dutchman might be a good source, he has been in the Navy for 26 years) also talk to people that have had a bad experience that way you can see both sides prior to making a decision that can effect the rest of your life. I spent 6 years between active and reserve duty in the Navy and do not regreat a minute of it. The same goes with college and trade schools. My 2 cents worth.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:32 PM

Last photo:

i talked to a couple of people today and now i am thinking the best deal would be to join the NAVY. from the people i talked to-- they said that if i am looking for a career to join the navy. so that is probably what i am going to do.
my mom is going crazy trying to talk me out of it but no, i am sure i will join asap. tired of sitting around watching my life pass and not doing anything with it.
i am currently painting my grandma's house and am about half way done so when i finish i guess off i go. which should give me time to change my mind if needed.
i want to thank everyone for the posts and all that i have learned from this site. it has kept me busy and i know i always have a place to come and talk about not only cars but troubles too. i know i am not leaving tomorrow but just wanted to say it while i had the chance.
any other words-- please
Old 07-17-2003, 07:41 PM
banned

Hey man good luck with all u can... Don't turn out like me...
Old 07-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Well, if self discipline is lacking the military might do you some good. They will change you for sure. No room for slackers or *****ting on anyone. You learn to trust people with your life and take responsiblity for theirs. Most of the military people I know have a genuine respect for others and a profound respect for family and friends. Sounds like you could use that if you have a problem treating people around you how they deserve to be treated.

They will also educate you if you are interested.

Good luck.

Chris

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.