Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Engine (
-   -   Need Tank Sender for Custom Gas Tank.... (

bg 11-05-2002 04:40 PM

Need Tank Sender for Custom Gas Tank....
I have a custom tank from "NO LIMIT" ( i think-- i did not buy it) with a 1 3/4 inch hole and 5 small bolt holes on the outside.

My question is there a standard for sending units and what should i get for a 350 engine.

Can somebody give me a point in the right direction on this project???


Deuce 11-05-2002 04:49 PM

Sending units come with different values ( 80 ohm to 240 ohm ) and others. The sending unit MUST match the fuel gauge for correct readings.

Stewart Warner and Ford Motorsport uses the 80 to 240 range for their fuel gauges.

You also have differnt lenghts (for different depths of tanks) and left hung and right hung units.

:D :D 11-05-2002 04:50 PM

any gauge manufacturer will offer a sender you will have to know how much drop the arm needs and what type of gauge you are going to use.(GM uses different values than ford, they use different values than VDO who uses different values than Stewart Warner etc. also in the old days J>C>Whitney used to offer a gas gauge kit with matching sender for cheap that was reliable, used over a dozen of them never had a failure. try them

bg 11-05-2002 05:13 PM

Would it be possible to go ahead and run the line from the tank to the front end.

I have the frame off and was wanting to do all the "plumbing" done since it was EASY to get to!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.