Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need three questions answered please!
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,143 Times in 1,011 Posts
Honestly Barry, I have worked with hundreds of painters, most do not know know there are different "strengths" of wax and grease removers, honestly! Or if they do know, they really aren't as keen as you are.

On this and the Windex, I am not saying they are that bad of an idea. What I am saying is, MOST people who work with this stuff, pros and home hobbyests alike, are not going to study something to the degree you are talking about. They are going to hear, "take some wax and grease remover or window cleaner and have at it". EVERY manufacture makes products and recommendations that cover every single circumstance. If the average home hobbyest takes advantage of the time and money the manufacture has spent on developing the products and follows there lead, they will be better off.

This is it in a nutshell, follow the tech sheets, follow what the manufacture of the product say to do. This will just by simple ODDS give you a better finished product.
Sure there are smokers who live to be a hundred. Sure there are people who don't wear seat belts and live thru an accident.

But statistics PROVE that you are better off not to smoke and to wear seat belts. The same holds true for tech sheets and manufactures recommendations.
This is coming from someone who was resposible for claims, I was the one who came out to the shop when there was a failure. I am just passing on something that I found true. Not "opinion" but fact.

Last edited by MARTINSR; 06-21-2004 at 08:00 AM.