Hot Rod Forum banner

Need upper radiator hose

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
I am helping a friend get her late husbands gasser project running so she can sell it.

It is a 1937 Chevy, GM 350 with a 6-71 blower.

It has a radiator with a center top inlet. The thermostat housing is under the blower pointing to the drivers side.

It has a low mount alt.

Can anyone tell me if anyone sells a upper hose for this application?

We have a lower hose, just need an upper.

Thanks!

#2 ·
start with fitting sizes.. get a general length of the length the hose will be...

you will need a coolant hose ID catalog..

this is where to find one..

Gates Belts, Hose, & Hydraulics Catalogs | Gates Corporation

the coolant hose ID catalog is either 13 down from the top or 2 up from the industrial section..

you will look up the hose end sizes you may need.. the length... then turn to the next section to look thru the drawings..

hint... online at some parts sites.. you can take your list of 30 or 40 hoses... yes.. this is not going to be easy.. do a search for them.. many parts sites actually put up pictures instead of drawings..

as a last resort.. there are plastic block sections used for prototyping header primary tube shapes.. you could always assemble some of those to create your hose shape.. to allow you to visit the parts store back rows..

don't forget.. that you will probably find a hose that is LONGER that you may cut one or both ends off to come up with the exact shape you need..

best of luck.. you can also take photos from multiple angles with some measurements to parts stores... some parts guys are very talented in selecting something that would fit.. i used to be really good at that..

#9 ·
This is it, have done it many times. And the trick is don't look for one that length only, you can get a three foot hose and use only one foot of it if that one foot is the same shape as you need!

And when you do find what you need, make sure you record what make and model (and the part number) of the hose you get so you can get it in the future.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.