Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need ya'lls opinions on SBC heads
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:45 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Nut2001 View Post
Thank you for the great info and for the links. I pulled the tunnel ram off and actually had 4 lifters that were bad, just not bleeding down as fast like that one. I checked my cam lobes and they checked good and also looked very nice and broken in by looking through the lifter bores. I used Isky cam lube on the flats of the lifters, after soaking them in 30W oil overnight, and put em in and got the Stealth intake on I'm gonna run temporarly. I had to stop as the Ala. vs LSU game was about to start, watching it now lol. I hope to get the impala finished up tomorrow and get started on the motor swaps i've got lined up. I wrapped the 400 up and plan on using it in an S10 build I plan to do soon. I will be reading about CR before I make my decision on which way to go.
Wow- 4 bad lifters. Just a word of caution: You do realize the chances are very, very good that at least a few of the cam lobes are worn abnormally. I would feel a LOT better if you'd bite the bullet now and put a new cam and lifters in it before the lobes go really bad and you get ground up cam and lifters circulated all through the engine- which can take the bearings and journals out, too. Meaning new bearings, a turned crank and a complete tear down to clean the trash out of the engine.
The Following User Says Thank You to cobalt327 For This Useful Post:
Camaro_Nut2001 (11-04-2012)