Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need ya'lls opinions on SBC heads
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Nut2001 View Post
Well, I have to say, I don't think I will ever go back to Flowmaster mufflers, lol. I took my Impala to my buddy and had new pipes and the Magnaflows put on yesterday and I am completely amazed at how the motor reacts. It is sooo much happier. He went with 2.0" pipe off the original manifolds, I chose to stick with the ram horns for the look, into 2.5" to the mufflers, which are right past the transmission crossmember, then came off the mufflers with 3" pipe turned and exists in front of the rear tires but even with the bottom body lip. Not only does the exhaust look good, it is still pretty quiet inside the car, at idle and slow acceleration, lol. When I was leaving his shop I kinda got in it a little and when the stall flashed it got a little squirlley. With a 3.42 gear! I'm going to put a 3.73 or maybe a 3.90 gear in when I get these S10's finished. The Magnaflows are a little loud when I throw the gas to her, but hey, it's Hot Roddin!
The 2 " pipes might of had a lot to do with the pickup in tq. Some flowmaster systems are made for racing and flow dam clsoe to open headers. But in the real world with mild build 2" pipes will usally give a nice low end punch. The short runs you have are probably the best of both worlds. The flowmaster system i had was great but was built for a big motor and drag race application. For a street 350 it might have been a little too big. And it was 2 1/2 duals to the rear bumper. With 40 series mufflers. Also very loud but that was what i asked for when i was buying it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hcompton For This Useful Post:
Camaro_Nut2001 (11-18-2012)