Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need your thoughts.. Engine trouble
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro freak
The vacuum readings were wrong. Tested today with another guage and here is the results:

@ 1,000 rpm 12 deg adv in park its showing a slightly bouncing 14 to 15" vac.

@ 700 rpm in drive with foot on brake its showing a slightly bouncing 10 to 11" vac.

On both test the guage will occasionally drop 2 or 3 numbers then come back to where it was at.

The off idle fluttering stumble is still there. Now if I slowly bring the engine up to 2,000 rpm then nail the peddle to the floor there is no flutter or stumble. It accelerates fast and sounds good. When I nail the peddle I notice the vacuum guage drops to "0" then jumps fast and smoothly up the scale.

With the above vacuum readings what power valve should I be running?
Are you trying to idle completely off the front butterfly? How much of the transfer slot is showing on the front vs the rear? How far open is the idle-eze? If you have the fronts open a lot and the rear closed [butterflies] you may need to open the rears,close the fronts down a little and open the idle-eze up a little. Also how much converter is in it?