Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - needing some advice
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris78 View Post
got it running believe it is a tooth off have to pull it and try it again.i see what you are saying using the calculator but it doesnt add up to ehat the car is doing.i know i have 4.11s put them in the car myself and know what the motor is whineding.i shift from first at about the 60ft mark from second slightly before the 330 a bring my shift light on as i cross the 660 which is set at 5400.maybe i have miss post something or not getting something because this isnt adding up.im more confused now then ever but that isnt hard for me to do

Yeah I dont know what you have going on but like you said something isn't adding up. with 4.11 gears you should easily be able to hit around 120mph before you get to 5400rpm.

use that calculator and check to see what it says you should be running in 1st and 2nd gear when you shift. the th350 has a 1st gear of 2.52:1, a second gear of 1.52:1.

here i did it for you:
RICHMOND Street Performance Calculator

RICHMOND Street Performance Calculator

well i just checked to see if it saved what i put in and it didn't, sorry about that.

just put in the 4.11 for your gears, put 28" for your tires, put 2.52 in the trans gear spot, and then start playing with the MPH to get it to the 5400rpm. It was showing me that you should be hitting about 44mph before you shift into 2nd, and then around 72 before you shift into 3rd.