Hot Rod Forum banner

Needs aomeones expertess on AFR cyclinder heads.

817 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  k-star 
#1 ·
I have a 355 SBC with 12.1 comp, 585 / 600 Lunati roller cam, 1.6 roller rockers, super victor intake, long tub header with 215 23deg Brodix heads, I'm wanting to go with AFR heads to see if i can get more all around power out of it, but i dont know what would benifit me more the 194 eleminators or the 210 eleminator heads.

#2 ·
Those 215's are pretty big for a 355 a 195 AFR will work very nicley!
If its an all out race car stay with the 215's and have them bowl blended and ported but out of the box 195 afr being there cnc'ed are hard to beat,
For the money id checkout the pro-filer heads they really have the **** together and make an awesome head for about $500.00 less and will make the good flow numbers all over the rpm range!

#4 ·
heads

Well let see how this goes. Don't be suprised if this thread truns into one big wizzing match.

IMO right now cylinder heads are the single biggest mis-understood item on a race engine. Alot of guys have "read" about them and become instant internet heros. But there engines are never at the top of the qual ladder for sure.Then you have all the magazine articles that are so one sided it makes my skin crawl.

I need to know all about the car you can tell me.what does it run now, what do you want it to run, what has been done to the Brodix heads you have now,was the intake ever ported, and so forth...

Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.