negative camber question - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 09:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

negative camber question

I am in the process of re-assembling my front suspension. The front end is on jack stands and when I put the right wheel on i noticed lots of negative camber (top of tire pointed inward, bottom out). I measured about two inches!!.I was able to physically lift the control arms up by hand causing better results... I then did the opposite side for comparison and had about an inch of negative camber. I have not yet put the shocks in because they are on order..i was just messing around with things...My question is will the lack of no shocks cause this huge amount of negative camber?..I assume the tires should still be parallel to the ground without shocks when resting on jack stands or is their something else I am missing? This suspension is off an AMC Pacer if that helps.
Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 10:12 PM
holley guru

Wiki Edits: 0

is this happening at normal ride height or at full extension? i dont know alot (nothing) about amc's but extreme camber is not uncomon when the suspension is off the ground. are all the control arms stock? i would make sure you didnt put them on backwards or on the wrong side. the real worry is the difference between the two sides. i would just double check every thing, put it together, and see what it looks like on the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.