Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Neighbourhood watch
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I feel for you Deuce, I used to live in a 3rd floor appartment and I would work in the parking lot in the back much to the chagrin of my numerous neighbours. I heard it all, I even once had one guy threaten me with legal action for working late at night (I guess the sound of clinking tools kept him up). I soon moved the car to a side street only to be hassled by the local police force who told me it is illegal to work on a motor vehilce on a city street for any other reason than to fix it enough to move it.

What am I supposed to do? I eventually rented a little one car garage from a nice little old lady who only charged me $10 a month with a little grass cutting in the summer. She was nearly stone deaf and couldn't hear me working at night and I was much happier.

It can seem that everyone hates you except when it comes time for a little car repair for free, hang in there...you have comrades across the pond who have faced the same discrimination as you.

Continue to fight the good fight Deuce and don't let the mechanically inept bastages get you down. Perhaps a little "Rod run" that starts at your house and ends there will give them a dose of reality, not being able to find a parking spot because the street is full of rods might make them realize who is in charge of your life. Make sure there are a few Harley's in there too, they will think your a "gang" member and not want to rustle any feathers in case they end up at the bottom of the Thames wearing cement neck jewelery.

Hmmm...might just be time to go and "tune" the motorcycle tonight just to let the neighbours know it's spring time. Blowing the carbon out is just what she needs.