Never ask "What else can go wrong?" - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Never ask "What else can go wrong?"

This has been a year of one minor auto repair (under $300) after another at our house and then the engine in our '99 Alero had to be replaced a couple weeks ago. NOT so minor. I had to drive my Monte for a week and a half while the Olds was in the shop and at 50 miles a day and 13 MPG that hurt. Got the Olds back and parked the Monte until today. I pulled it out, did some of the repairs I had been putting off on the interior and shined it all up. I scrubbed the vinyl roof and had it looking as good as it has since buying it in February. I decided to run to the next town and halfway there passed a mini van that couldn't decide what speed it wanted to go. It felt kind of sluggish when I got alongside but then came out of it. I parked it and went into the store, when I came out I backed out of my parking spot and put it in drive and it revved up and barely started moving. Finally it started rolling but was definitely slipping. Got it out on the highway and once in drive it seemed to be OK. When I got home I checked the fluid and it was full but grayish black, about the color of clutch material. Doesn't smell burnt though. I started it up and pulled it around to the garage and it was OK but I think the damage is done. I have wanted to swap a 200-4R into ever since I got it but with the hit on the budget from the Alero incident it looks like the Monte may be a garage decoration for a few months. At least I have a good reason to give the Boss for a new 200-4R though!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Sorry to hear that hippie, Its never cool when you have problems one after another. I just had my truck go through a few problems that maybe leading up to a big problem.

Brad
Old 08-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

about 8 cans of that Miracle tranny fixer-upper ought to git r done...
Old 08-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
about 8 cans of that Miracle tranny fixer-upper ought to git r done...
I got a bad feeling it's already had a "pop top" overhaul.............. IF ya' know what I mean.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.