Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - never seen this before
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 PM

Last journal entry: My junk
Wiki Edits: 0

I can and have changed the plugs in my 04 Chevy SS in about 20 mins. They looked as good as the new ones only a little brown. And you can easily get to things on chev and dodges. Fords were designed to be quickly assembled on the line and are a nightmare to work on. I know this as I work for a boss who is a ford guy and all our trucks are fords. ( fleet mechanic). This week a clutch, an automatic trans fail. A coil and a computer water temp sender failure. Job security those fords. The planetary sets in the 99 v-10 had alum pins and I replaced all parts with aftermarket beefy stuff. Planetarys with six gears instead of four and steel pins not alum. Titanium sun shells better everything. The factory stuff is poor and the fact that the overdrive tranys revert to overdrive every time you start the truck. The tranys would last a lot longer if overdrive was only used on the freeway. Also non loaded trucks do a lot better. If you load them heavy like we do at work they can't take it.