New 2 post lift by Dannmar. - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 PM
427HISS

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It's not a issue. I have the lb. concrete torque specs somewhere and I'll post all the information for you. My friend with the mechanic shop has the industrial size two post/four arm lift's and he has never had a problem. And he lift's all kinds of vehicles from econo box's, 1 ton trucks and over.....
Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 06:14 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427HISS
It's not a issue. I have the lb. concrete torque specs somewhere and I'll post all the information for you. My friend with the mechanic shop has the industrial size two post/four arm lift's and he has never had a problem. And he lift's all kinds of vehicles from econo box's, 1 ton trucks and over.....
Thanks
Actually, it is an issue as every lift manufacturer that I'm aware of warns about loose anchors and gives minimum specs for the concrete in both thickness and PSI. I've seen a lot of residential garages with 3 1/2" thick poured slabs and nothing but welded wire reinforcement.

Please make certain your concrete meets at least the minimum standards recommended by the lift manufacturer. Also, take note of the warnings about loose anchors, 'wallowed' holes, shimming to plumb the posts, and minimum distance from cracks or expansion joints.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
427HISS

Last photo:

Sorry, I'll clarify.

Yes it does matter, but with this lift, 4" of concrete with either rebar or the wire cattle type fencing for reinforcement is fine. I've never heard of a garage slab being less in thickness that a sidewalk, which are 4".

I can in vision a shifting problem with either a newer slab or a condition like side walks that the ground is still settling or frost heave. I agree with you on testing your concrete, it's always better to be on the safe side, especially with older home's. A lot of driveways and sidewalks have cracks, mostly due to the expansion and contraction with weather conditions.

I plan on using their expansion sleeves and bolts, but also the newer epoxy.

Last edited by 427HISS; 01-24-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:07 AM
427HISS

Last photo:

Anyone else interested ?
Thank you,
Kevin
Old 10-23-2011, 06:23 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427HISS
Anyone else interested ?
Thank you,
Kevin
I came across this thread when doing a search on this very lift and I am going to put one in this winter since I am really tired of laying on my back on a creeper and I definately don't want something that is permanent, since my garage has the lower ceiling and like what was said in earlier posts, you can put in other anchors in different locations so that you can use the lift where needed which is exactly what I am needing. I am a member of the Garage Journal Forum and I am hoping that there will be a group buy or special price for the upcoming Holiday season and then I will buy one for sure. This lift will do everything I need without having to be on my back on a creeper. Did you buy this lift? If so, how do you like it? Thanks for letting me dig up an old thread, anyone else bought one of these?

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.