Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New 383
Thread: New 383
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:47 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
Sounds like you are pulling oil from the cam valley into the bottom side of the intake to head, gasket area.. Very common when using modified parts.. If the intake to head angle is off a few degrees, which is more common than you would think, you will get mysterious oil usage. Pull the intake manifold and you will find the top edge of the intake gasket is crushed more than the bottom edge. Oil enters the lower side into the intake port and passes thru the combustion process un noticed..

Also aftermkt valve covers are famous for poor pcv function and oil use.
Thanks for reply.I have tried to use good quality parts but you never know these days(China).As I said heads are Edelbrock,manifold is Weaind and Alloy valve covers are Weiand.The manifold was supplied on motor.I am going to borrow a mates standard Corvette alloyrocker covers and see if that makes a difference before I start pulling things apart.The engine supplier is already trying to distance himself and saying that the Edelbrock heads(new)probably have poor seals which i find hard to believe.Seeing as it does not blow smoke I am hoping rings are okay what are your thoughts?I am not keen on removing motor as vehicle has been resprayed and tidied up thanks Tim