Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New 383
Thread: New 383
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
Have you considered doing a leak down test on the engine?Have you done any full throttle passes through the gears yet?Have you taken off the valve covers and done a visual inspection? generally I have not heard a lot of complaints about the rpm heads,at least not quality of castings.They do not make a lot of power though. If the intake manifold is not sealing the the idle will start to deteriorate.Are any of the plugs fouling?
Hi thanks for reply.Yes i have taken motor to redline on a half dozen occasions.Plugs are not fouled as such just partly built up with a sticky black crud and oil on the plug threads.Yes have pulled of rockers several times and all looks okay.I suspect the rings may be the problem but that is my last option.Engine idles well just a little lopey due to cam.I am just starting to get pissed with supposed experts who take your money then leave you high and dry when they are at fault.It starting to look like I am going to have to pull motor out of a resprayed car and do the work myself.I am quite capable of doing this but listened to the all the crap about crate motors being a cheaper option.I payed $6830 for this oil burner which was advertised at 400 flywheel hp,what a lot of crap Tim