Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Air Compressor
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 07:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have the single stage 2 cyl Eaton & the pump & motor on this thing is huge compared to any of the compressors you see at the box stores. I have run all the tools you mentioned & more and have never had to wait for air. Just got a 90* aircat die grinder & after oiling it & putting a HVLP fitting on it held the button down on it until the compressor kicked on at 110 psi, it slowly built to 125 psi & stayed right there while holding the die grinder running full blast. It will pump up & shut off while running a 6" DA sander, 1/2" impact, 3/8" air drill, air hammer, 3/8" & 1/4" ratchets, air cutoff, etc. It is quiet enough to have a conversation approx 10' away from the compressor while it's running without having to shout to be heard. Pump speed on this is 650 rpm, rather reminds one of an old tractor idling when it runs as opposed to the jackhammer sound of an oiless. I really like quiet which is why I'm replacing my noisy air tools with aircat (think air ratchets not much louder than an electric drill, other tools are similarly quiet) combined with this compressor working inside without earplugs isn't a problem. Read a review on another site of a guy that has the 5 hp 2 stage Eaton, he is just as happy with his as I am with mine