Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Air Compressor
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Those things are good outfits but even though it has a very efficient 3 cylinder V-type pump I would still be a bit skeptical of the CFM rating although it will probably be close, a heck of a lot closer than the IR single stage 2 cylinder in-line design. Trying to figure out compressor performance can give a fellow a real headache, for example compare that Eagle unit to a comparable Eaton-they are both "heavy duty" 5 HP motors that are rated at running HP and not the "peak" nonsense that the cheapo outfits use BUT the Eaton is 25 AMPs. Both are 5 HP but the Eaton is more powerful, go figure. This is what I mean when I say Eaton tends to tell the truth about it's products (as does the Eagle) and compared to most it would seem they actually underate some of the specs but this is because of the non-sense we have been accustomed to. Now you asked about the Eagle not Eaton and I am not trying to plug for Eaton I just wanted to make the point about the differences and why specs vary so wildly on compressors that appear to be almost the same. In the real world the performance of the Eagle and the Eaton would be vary close and I think you would be very satisfied with either compressor you listed and either one will out produce the so called 6-7 HP cheapo units by a large margin. You could easily wear out several of the common economy compressors of the same (claimed) power rating as the ones you mentioned before they would need attention and have a much better air supply in the mean time.