Hot Rod Forum banner

new barn find 57 pontiac chieftain

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SSedan64 
#1 ·
ok , i just baught a pontiac chieftain. it's a 4 dr but for 400.00 i couldn't say no. an old buddy of mine is getting married and has neither time or money to finish. car was somewhat taken apart and stuffed in his garage back in 1993. and in realy nice shape. ok, the question is ,are the floor and trink pans the same as a 57 chevy? with all the chrome off the car you would think it was a chevy.

#4 ·
57 Pontiac

If it is a CANADIAN "Tin Indian", then a LOT of pieces are interchangeable with '57 Chev, as the Cdn ones were basically Chevs with different skins & dashes, grilles etc. If it's a US Pontiac, then you are looking at whole different car - longer wheelbase, stretched front & rear, not sure about floorpans, glass etc.

I just passed on a '56 poncho as it was a US car and parts would be LOT harder to find than for a Cdn one.

#6 ·
i have to go and pick it up still. i'm not to sure about any spacifics on the car, like where it was made. i know who owned it for the past 20 years, and the reason he took it apart was the transmition blew. all the stainless is off, the front clip is just sitting there where it belongs, but unbolted. it's 2 tone paint white top, black body,the paint is old laquer but would probibly still shine up! red and white interior. it has those old vinyn seat covers and we pulled one off and the original cloth is still presentable! when i get it home and after my ears can hear again from the wife screaming i will get some pics and see if i can decifer all of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.