Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New-BEE!
Thread: New-BEE!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 02:50 AM
Wiki Edits: 0

4.3 Diesel tranny??

Originally Posted by Triaged
I did some quick searching on google and found this for you

From the sounds of it the FWD version is the same pattern as the RWD 60deg V6 (such as the 2.8L in S10's and 3.4L in Camaro's to name a few). From what I understand the engine isn't exactly set up for normal side engine mounts. I'm sure you will figure out some way to mount it.

Edit: some more info.
Triaged---I can*t THANK YOU! Enough for YOU going out of Your WAY!-too Look Up! this INFO for ME! as its been a 1/2 Century since I was Involved w/ installing differant Engines & Trannies in any thing!--as I*M now in my early 70s & even though I*M still in pretty Good Shape Health Wise! & can still Turn a Mean Wrench--I can*t begin to tell YOU what it Really means to ME!--as this will be my LAST Mechanical Project--& I have had my 32 Ford HOT ROD pick Up since the early 50s--in my High School Days!--back then--I was an Apprentice after School in a Body Shop--& I got a lot of Advice!-when I Chopped It-& Channeled IT--but--I Did it ALL myself!--even Z-ed the Rear Frame--& I installed a 3-1/2 inch Dropped front Axle--so its about as Low as it can Get?--& where every ROD I see has a Big Cu in GAS engine--& ME a retired Trucker--I thought? a 32 Ford HOT ROD Diesel powered pick Up--well it sure is going to be Differant!--& since High School I have Owned & driven BUICKS--& having the ole 84 century w/ the 4.3 Diesel that the Frames rusted beyond Re-pair-- why Not?? install It in my HOT ROD!--as I have Never Seen a Diesel in Any Hot Rod Before?--& w/ the Diesel Clatter & Black Smoke out of BIG dual Stacks--I think? it will be the Coolest HOT ROD around!--my up comming Secret winter Project!-- My wife of over 40 yrs thinks Its a Great IDEA! I have spent several weeks Inquiring?? & w/NO real Answers--She saw & read Your Reply--& came Running to the Gararge to Get ME!--JIM!! a GUY just sent YOU Exact INFO on a Tranny to Bolt Up to your 4.3- Come Quick!--which I DID!--THANKS AGAIN!! YOU Saved & Made Our DAY!--Ole JIM--