Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New-BEE!
Thread: New-BEE!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 03:50 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

4.3 Diesel tranny??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triaged
I did some quick searching on google and found this for you

http://cruisers.shoumatoffmedia.com/43GMdiesel.html

From the sounds of it the FWD version is the same pattern as the RWD 60deg V6 (such as the 2.8L in S10's and 3.4L in Camaro's to name a few). From what I understand the engine isn't exactly set up for normal side engine mounts. I'm sure you will figure out some way to mount it.

Edit: some more info.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478750
Triaged---I can*t THANK YOU! Enough for YOU going out of Your WAY!-too Look Up! this INFO for ME! as its been a 1/2 Century since I was Involved w/ installing differant Engines & Trannies in any thing!--as I*M now in my early 70s & even though I*M still in pretty Good Shape Health Wise! & can still Turn a Mean Wrench--I can*t begin to tell YOU what it Really means to ME!--as this will be my LAST Mechanical Project--& I have had my 32 Ford HOT ROD pick Up since the early 50s--in my High School Days!--back then--I was an Apprentice after School in a Body Shop--& I got a lot of Advice!-when I Chopped It-& Channeled IT--but--I Did it ALL myself!--even Z-ed the Rear Frame--& I installed a 3-1/2 inch Dropped front Axle--so its about as Low as it can Get?--& where every ROD I see has a Big Cu in GAS engine--& ME a retired Trucker--I thought? a 32 Ford HOT ROD Diesel powered pick Up--well it sure is going to be Differant!--& since High School I have Owned & driven BUICKS--& having the ole 84 century w/ the 4.3 Diesel that the Frames rusted beyond Re-pair-- why Not?? install It in my HOT ROD!--as I have Never Seen a Diesel in Any Hot Rod Before?--& w/ the Diesel Clatter & Black Smoke out of BIG dual Stacks--I think? it will be the Coolest HOT ROD around!--my up comming Secret winter Project!-- My wife of over 40 yrs thinks Its a Great IDEA! I have spent several weeks Inquiring?? & w/NO real Answers--She saw & read Your Reply--& came Running to the Gararge to Get ME!--JIM!! a GUY just sent YOU Exact INFO on a Tranny to Bolt Up to your 4.3- Come Quick!--which I DID!--THANKS AGAIN!! YOU Saved & Made Our DAY!--Ole JIM--