Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New build oil consumption???
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 03:21 PM
known to do dumb stuff!!

Wiki Edits: 0

OK guys thanks for the responses, this is why I love this place!! I'm going to try to answer all the questions.

The piston to wall clearance is. 004. The ring gaps were 1st ring. 018, 2nd ring was .020. The oil ring expanders weren't overlapped. They were spaced out according to SRP's instructions. The oil support ring was installed correctly as well. The machine shop honed the block with a deck plate but I am unsure of the hone grit. The rings were standard tension.

I am using the factory vortec injection with the factory pcv system. The valve covers are also baffled, they are factory.

The gaskets are felpro problem solver gaskets, the steel shim with the rubber seal overlay, installed dry. All the gaskets I used were felpro except the Mr. Gasket head gaskets.

I did a leakdown and a compression test. The compression test (sort of useless here) was within 6psi of eachother. The leakdown test showed less than 10% leakdown. My leakdown gauge reads 0-100% by 10% in increments. Runs good and idles smooth. I don't think its cause of a vacuum leak cause it wouldn't run as smooth as it does, right?

This one has me stumped! Any other ideas or info needed?

Last edited by CJ_1080; 06-04-2011 at 03:29 PM.