Hot Rod Forum banner

New car looking for some direction

873 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  techinspector1 
#1 ·
Hi all

I'm new on here so hello! I recently bought a 35 chevy standard coupe and i am having a hard time finding parts and info. 1st i am in need of a drivers door with the hinges. Went to a big swap meet today at iola wi and found nothing. Thats really the only part of the car that is in bad shape. 2nd i can't seem to find any websites that would have the wood for the inside of the car. i know i may have to fabricate this out of steel, i have read posts with some preferring the wood and others steel. Any direction of websites with parts for this car would be much appreciated!

#3 ·
35 Chevy

I've heard that the wood kits require "fitting". Each piece of wood was hand built at the factory and no two were exactly the same. If it were me I would replace the wood with steel. Half inch, 3/4" and one inch thin wall square tubing would not be hard to work with as well as stiffing the body for today's speeds and horsepower.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies! I found a door from a sedan but i guess needs to be modified on part of the curve of the door. I am going to keep looking and use that as a backup plan. Need to get a sand blaster first and see how bad the rest of the car is and go from there

#7 ·
Heres some pics of what I'm working with. Most of the wood is there but its really brittle and rotted. The drivers door area wood is completely gone. Overall the body is pretty straight. I wanted a steel car so i would like to find a door if possible i will check some of those junk yards here soon.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.