Hot Rod Forum banner

New Carb for Pontiac 400

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  dobie6982 
#1 ·
I am currently looking at updating my fuel system in a 1968 Pontiac Firebird. It currently has a Pontiac 400 with Edelbrock heads, ported and built by Jim Butler in TN, with an RPM intake. It has a hydraulic roller cam with 230 I - 236 E duration at .50 lift, and .510 Intake lift and .521 Exhaust lift. I currently have a HEI distributer, but will be upgrading to an MSD set-up soon. I have Hooker Competition headers with a 2 1/2 in exhaust. This is backed up by a Muncie M-20 wide ratio trans and currently 3.73 gear. I may be going to a 3.08 in the future. I am also planning on running a 1/2 in line with an electric pump and regulator with a return line. I am looking for everyday drive-ability plus throttle response. Not really loyal to any brand.

#5 ·
I have to drive on I-65 near Montgomery. Anything under 65 MPH and you will probably die a horrible fiery death, like when your wife meets your girlfriend sorta thing. Plus I like to take my little boy on road trips and to car shows that just are not as close as they used to be. I probably will just go to an overdrive on it. I am just not there yet.

P.S. I used to have a 4 cyl Honda Civic. Traded it to the old man for Pontiac Grand Prix. I am still not sure who won in that trade.

P.S.S. I would rather buy gas and have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.