New Classic Car Tv Show - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 08:16 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

New Classic Car Tv Show

Just hoping to get some ideas for a new CLASSIC/MUSCLE/HOT ROD TV show.
If you had the power to produce the perfect car show what would the premise be?? Also, add any comments you may have about the current car tv programming that is now airing.

Thanks
hemikidd

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 11:41 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

I would do a real builders dshow. Projects with real hard working barely getting by car buffs rides.
Most todays shows use more parts that arent needed but are sponsered so they gotta use em. HG
Old 01-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

A car like Cboy built would be perfect to me. A rod on a budget. Also, a thought I've been kicking around after watching a few biker build-offs, a hot rod build off, give them 2 or 3 months and a $10,000 budget, put the cars in a show and let the public judge along with the viewers. Winner gets bragging rights. Dan
Old 01-15-2006, 11:56 PM

Have you posed this question because your are planning

to produce a show? Is there any momentum?
Old 01-15-2006, 11:59 PM

with all of the vehicle related shows on the discovery channel, and other channels, these days, I'd say there is momentum, you have OCC, Monster Garage, American Hot Rod, Rides, Pimp My Ride, my classic car, classic car restoration, tuner transformation, and the list goes on and on, I'd say there is plenty of momentum towards more shows
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
A car like Cboy built would be perfect to me. A rod on a budget. Also, a thought I've been kicking around after watching a few biker build-offs, a hot rod build off, give them 2 or 3 months and a $10,000 budget, put the cars in a show and let the public judge along with the viewers. Winner gets bragging rights. Dan

I like this idea, except I got a better idea to add to it. Have all the people build be hot women in bikinis. I know they probably won't be doing the work themselves, but what show nowadays doesn't have somebody do the work for them?

Brad
Old 01-16-2006, 07:48 PM

Last photo:

the owner builds the car

The concept would be an owner build process. Not like the build or bust bike show. On that show the poor slob only gets thirty days to finish the bike and the guys on the show make his life hell the whole time. I've only seen one guy actually get the bike and he was a builder himself.

Maybe three or more different types of cars, hot rod, custom, and muscle, or whatever. Each guy or girl brings a project car and completes it to their vision. They would get free parts and expertise from experts when they ask for it. It should be a long enough period of time, that the car is safe and respectable when finished. The beauty of this is, the owner/builder gets what they want, not what someone thinks they want. I have the utmost respect for Foose and other builders, but I don't always like with their finished products.

Most of us have a project that we would love to have free parts and expert help with. The builder would be proud of the creation but thankful and a bit humbled by the help received. It would really be great if contestants got to keep the tools with the understanding that they help someone else with the knowledge they gained.

as always, drive your car like you stole it!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.