Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New compressor advice
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 05:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1
Could be HF only gets them is their is overstock of parts or commitments to subs they had to make good on.
Also the possibility HF gets parts that don't quite pass the manufacturer QA.

I wouldn't buy a compressor at HF. The only electric stuff I buy from them is because it costs so little, I throw it away when it quits and don't care.

Some things haven't lasted well at all and some have done pretty well.
I only buy stuff there after intense research.. And this was one of them.

I'm sure a billion other places sell these 2 rebranded compressors as well, not just Belaire and HF.. In fact I know there were 2 more, but I can't remember their names now.

But for $620 or whatever it was after a sale and a coupon, for a 16cfm 2 stage 60 gallon, I took a chance with their reputation and lack of warranty. Either that or pay belaire $1400 for the same one. (I also had them order it in for me as I didn't want the storefront one that has probably been moved and smacked and pawed over. So this one was still in cardboard on a pallet.)

However I don't believe you can use the coupons on their compressors anymore.. But I could be wrong.. Or if you can find a coupon that came out a few months ago and is still good you probably can.