Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New to the Compressor World Few Questions Was Wondering About
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 12:12 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New to the Compressor World Few Questions Was Wondering About

Hi all,

Well recently I got a Craftsman 2 hp Vertical Portable Tank Air Compressor, 33 gal. Mostly so I could start using power tools on the car to help with the ailing back Maybe even some sandblasting of parts etc.

Anyways the compressor came with so few details (typical craftsman) I was wondering about a few things.

1. I started to use the blow gun in order to blow out dust from one of my engine compartments and started to notice a bit of water coming out along with the air. I also recall awhile back when I had my car painted that the guy mentioned something about paint guns needing some sort of filter to prevent moisture from mixing with the air. Question is do they sell some sort of adapter that can cause the moisture to not mix with the air?

2. After each session I open up the valve on the bottom of my tank to let the air out and not have the tank build up moisture but I am not sure if I should just leave the valve open or close it after all the air has left the tank.

Well thanks in advance!