Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New door bushings, now misaligned
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Dave is THAT guy

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the responses!

Made it out to the garage last night to do some motor work but gave the door a whirl again. I tried the bolts on the door side to try to angle the door back up some with no luck. Thing would not move at all in the direction. It's still about a 1/4" low at the back. The front is matched up nearly perfectly still. Since it is such a little amount I was going to try to do the bend, but as soon as I started, I stopped and decided that I don't like that idea at all. As said above, should be able to get there using the bolts and no bending, because who knows what you're actually bending. Want to do this right!

So I think I'm going to pull the fender probably this weekend and try the cowl bolts for that final adjustment.

Then I'll try the other door with everything still on. Really feel I'm going to struggle on that but lots of good tips from everyone.

Hinges are on the top on this Monte. Realizing while working on this, the specific car doesn't follow a lot of the "standards" that other cars follow.

Thanks!