New Engine Built & Dyno'd - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 03:05 PM

Last photo:
Location: Justice, Illinois (bred, born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky)
Wiki Edits: 0

Killerforumla: You can see my husband in a photo or two. How can I be working on MAX and be taking pictures of myself??? That would be a real feat in itself!!!

I didn't post all of the photographs I have on MAX's engine. I have a lot of pictures of MAX, before with his old engine and while this engine was being built. MAX still has the same block as well as some other parts, but mostly everything is new. We had a heck of a time with these new Bulldog Heads!

For your information, I PAID an engine builder who is one of the tops in the nation, to have my engine built. And, I paid a lot, too! My engine builder builds engines. He doesn't build cars. Now, the rest is up to my husband, myself and others to get it in so I can drive MAX. Previously, I had all the specs posted on MAX. If you'd like to see what's in him, I'll be glad to post them. My main function with MAX is that I drive him. No one else drives him but me. My husband builds and I drive.

I've got photos of MAX before contingency stickers were on him. He's got flames on his sides. If you want to see those, I can post a couple of those too. Those photos were taken when I first purchased MAX.

MAX is a great '71 Duster and a lot of fun to drive. I'm not used to driving a mid to high 8 second car or a very low 9 second car, so until I am a little more comfortable in the seat, MAX and I are going to take our time. That way, I can break the new motor in nice and easy. Take him down the track a few times, and then let him rip if that's what he wants to do.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

Advertisement

Last edited by babe_n_indy; 09-09-2004 at 08:38 AM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2004, 07:31 PM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

That's a nice looking ride.

I would have to say that at the least you are being quite evasive at the issue of whether or not it is your car.

I cannot judge one way or the other but I have to say that in my opinion you are either lying or having fun provoking.

That is not what these forums are for. The repetitive posting of "smilies" as replies would infer that you are simply trying to antagonize others.

If it is your vehicle, great...if not, shame on you.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

WOW! Thats quite a stable of automobiles you have there Babe.

BTW, cars are females not males. I won't go into why this tradition of naming auto's as females began in the first place, my wife reads these pages too.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:27 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
WOW! Thats quite a stable of automobiles you have there Babe.

BTW, cars are females not males. I won't go into why this tradition of naming auto's as females began in the first place, my wife reads these pages too.
Thanks Chuck! Our insurance company loves us too for having these "toys". Hagerty just increased our insurance which my husband wasn't real happy with. The '69 Camaro has a blower on it and Hagerty thinks that a car with a blower is a race car. The camaro is not raced. The only car that is raced at the moment is my '71 Duster. Hopefully, my husband will have the '63 Dodge MaxWedge SuperStock finished for the Spring 2005. It will have a 572. My '65 GTO, which my husband bought from the original owner in Atlanta, Georgia certainly is not raced. At the moment, it is sitting in a bubble in our garage. That way, it is protected from all the grinding, welding, dirt, grime, etc. while my husband is building the '63 Dodge. The Harley's ... well, from time to time, I am known to open the throttle on an open flat country road and let my hair just blow in the wind. There's no feeling like it!

I'm a country girl. And, when you mentioned "stables", it made me think of home. I was bred, born and raised in the beautiful state of Kentucky. My horses are down home. There's nothing like the smell of the country!

Thanks again for the compliments!

Here's a picture of my Sportster and my husband's Dyna Wide Glide is behind my bike:

Last edited by babe_n_indy; 09-08-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Young & Idealistic

Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:

My car's gonna be a female cause I'll like to ride her

Mike
Old 09-08-2004, 10:12 AM

Last photo:

In a previous post, after someone asked you to post a pic with the car and a sign that says hotrodders.com on it, you made a comment something to the effect of, "why should I bend over backwards?"

Well take this into consideration, if you post a picture that included that duster, with a cardboard sign laying next to or in front of, that has www.hotrodders.com written on it. You would make a handful of people feel stupid real quick....then problem solved.

I am not sure why people are giving you a hard time but thought I would mention that. Good luck with your drag car.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:27 AM

Last photo:

Sign of HOTRODDERS.COM on MAX

Quote:
Originally posted by 357ford
"... if you post a picture that included that duster, with a cardboard sign laying next to or in front of, that has Hotrodders written on it. You would make a handful of people feel stupid real quick....then problem solved.

Good luck with your drag car.

Meet “Sassy” – My 12-1/2 year old Brittany Spaniel sleeping by MAX

Another picture of Sassy sleeping by MAX

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightfire
"...Hey Babe can you take a pic of the car with ... a sign/paper that says "hotrodders.com" ... I like it a lot by the way

Mike
Here's more photos Mike, as you requested:

Another picture of Sassy sleeping by MAX

I covered MAX back up. There’s a possibility that it is going to rain.

More pictures of the HOTRODDERS.COM

Another picture of the HOTRODDERS.COM

Another angle of the HOTRODDERS.COM

Another HOTRODDERS.COM along with my baby Brittany Spaniel – “Hollie”

Picture of Hollie standing in front of the HOTRODDERS.COM

Last edited by babe_n_indy; 09-08-2004 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:56 AM

Last photo:

Looks like a couple of interent skeptics will have to figure out a way to get the taste of their foot out of their mouth...hahaha...

keep everyone updated on how the car runs...good luck in the future.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I think that the alleged advertising of the protective coating started things in that direction..................................that's all I will say on the subject.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:13 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 357ford

Looks like a couple of interent skeptics will have to figure out a way to get the taste of their foot out of their mouth...hahaha...

keep everyone updated on how the car runs...good luck in the future.
Thank you 357Ford! I will keep you updated on how MAX runs. If we have good weather, I hope to have MAX out on the track for some testing and tuning this weekend. We'll keep our fingers crossed for good weather!

And, thanks for the good wishes also!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

love the Brittany spaniels, I have an 8 year old one. His name is ......don't laugh not a joke, Rax. Wonderful dogs, hyper at times but wonderful.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Looks like some people owe someone a slight apology To be honest with you after I read all the replies I wasnt sure if you were a troll or not but at least I didn't go out and state those accusations but rather waited for some proof.
Some people shoulda done that
babe_n_indy, you're cool in my book looks like a great car and I have no doubt it's yours
Keep us updated!

Mike
Old 09-08-2004, 12:41 PM

Last photo:

I finished reading the protective coating thread...can't help it.. feel the need to post this. edit away.

User starts thread, giving history of protective coatings, no mention of specific product.

Another user wants to know more about what original user uses.

Another user gets hung up on a shop safe comment.

Original user backs up comments and questions with detailed information.

Some scream BS and others.. your trying to sell us something.

Thats funny. All bulletin boards are comprised of, a little bit of what some might call real experience, mixed in with straight opinion.

What difference does it make? I read posts all the time with Joe Nobody trying to convince me that a holley is better than an edelbrock (only an example), should I consider them free lance salesman and request the thread be closed, especially, if they go into detail as to why they feel that way?

Sorry.. the original thread was closed and I felt the need to get this out of my system.

Thank you for your time
Old 09-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I disagree. Although I do stand corrected, I won't for a second say that I "stuck my foot in my mouth" just because I was skeptical. With as many trolls as we have on this board, I, and the rest of the members, have a right to request a little verification when we're dealing with new members, especially when a new member with a shaky background posts a slew of pictures from an unidentified/unproven origin. Read Kevin45's sticky thread in the beginners forum, or Jon's guidelines for further validation of what I'm preaching. And quite honestly, if those posts had been read by more new members, we probably wouldn't have these problems, because the new members would (properly) pre-empt our concerns.

With that said, nice mill. Post your ET's when you get them. Dunno where you should ask your questions about racing, because my request for a racing forum was all but completely ignored... sigh.

K
Old 09-08-2004, 02:20 PM

Last photo:

Quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Nightfire

My car's gonna be a female cause I'll like to ride her

Mike
Why is it that you all call your cars by female names? Guess I need a little educating or maybe I should ask my husband when he gets home. I've got to go to the foot doctor and get my cast off my right foot today! YIPPEE!!

Anyhow, I call my '71 Duster MAX. MAX is MAX and he's always going to be MAX. Our '65 GTO has a female name. But not MAX -- he's all male! There's nothing feminine about MAX!

Closed Thread

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.