Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New engine combo.
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 06:28 PM
BOOMER SOONER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New engine combo.

Due to the fuel costs about to go through the roof again, I have decided to build a budget engine for my DD 70 Chevelle. My BBC is setting in the corner, and the LS1 is a LONG way from getting into the car. So, since one of my vehicles is a 02 Ford Diesel, and diesel fuel will be $5 a gal this summer, it leaves me no choice. Especially when I have a complete 94 TBI 350 setting there. I am however going to freshen the engine up and add some parts. First of which will be the heads. I know not many people like the Procomp aluminum heads. I have read some better things about their Revised SBC heads. So I am looking at a set of 190cc Procomps. And then something like a Holley Projection TBI intake, Compcams 12-262-4 cam, 1.6 ratio roller rockers, matching valve springs for cam, headers, bored 700 cfm TBI, EBL Flash card in the 94 ECM unit. I am trying to get decent power in my Chevelle and decent MPG. I would like to get at least 17 to 18 mpg. I am running 4.10:1 rear gear, and using the matching built 94 4l60E Auto OD. Any idea what kind of power this will make on a good tune from the ECM? Also, what kind of MPG should I expect? Thanks