Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Engine Combo - Your Opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300Deluxe
The cam was suggested to me form another member on another forum. Being as the bottom end of the engine is basically stock with dished pistons, I didn't want to get too radical of a cam. I'm not knowledgable enough with valvetrain geometry to specify a particular duration for the intake/exhaust; hence I didn't get a custom grind. I was under the assumption that this would be a decent cam for a mild build. Was I wrong? I'm beginning to doubt the cam selection now.....
The cam you chose is a good one for you. it will work just fine with a stock torque converter. It likes a bit of gear, dual plane hi rise and good heads and exhaust (headers) always helps. The break in on the Voo doo and Comp extreme cams is critical. Reread my recomendations. This is the exact procedure I used on my 400 with the Comp Extreme XE28H-10. I use lots of spring pressure. 130+ seat pressure. These fast action "Voodoo/Extreme" cams require a bit more valve spring pressure than most are used to using cause they move the valve faster. Therefore you must follow a strict break in procedure without the inner spring and including both the oil additives I use and recommend.
They both use tried and proven anti-wear anti-scuff Moly and Zinc chemistry. Both have been around for years.
You can maximize the cr you get with dished pistons by selecting a thin .015" head gasket.
Your 200cc heads will not have a "soggy bottom end". Your only problem is going to be keeping tread on the tires.
Pull a valve spring off, measure the retainer installed height and then measure the spring seat and open pressures on a spring tester and go from there. Post some pics of the ports and valve bowls when you get the heads torn down for inspection, spring shim set up and final cleaning and prelubrication of the valve stems.