Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New engine has to come apart
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 11:16 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well, I have another idea. Some may remember this thread that I had 10 days ago with the first foulded plug.
Click here.

While I did change out the intake and gaskets, I still did NOT figure out where all the oil was coming from that had covered the whole inside of the intake and heads. Was just talking to another engine friend and he knows the whole story and asked what ever came of the PCV problem of sucking so much oil that it covered the intake and heads. DUH! Totally spaced that out. So his suggestion was to delete the PCV valve and run a hose up into the air cleaner and see if the sucking oil problem stops.

I'm running tall Proform covers and the baffles "looked" good but who knows, the PCV could be sucking tons of oil at highway speed. Also, #2 intake runner is directly under where the PCV dumps from the carb port. IF the hose has oil in it after I shut it off, it could be draining into the intake and running right into #2 cyl since my truck leans hard to the right when parked in my driveway. (crooked driveway, not the truck!LOL)

So, i'm off to the shop to re-route a hose from the VC to the aircleaner and run it for 2 weeks and see how the plug looks. Going to install a brand new plug while i'm at it for good measure. Glad he called! Maybe this is it!

Mark