New EZ EFI setup or not? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

New EZ EFI setup or not?

Hi, all, I am going to be making changes to my 1978 Camaro I recently purchased. It currently has a 2 barrel carb. i am going to replace the intake with an Edelbrock Performer II intake. I am trying to decide should I use a spare Rochester Quadrajet I have from another 350 in my garage, of purchase an Edelbrock carb to match the intake. I am also thinking about setting up my engine with one of the new EZ-EFI systems. I know I will have to setup a new Electronic fuel pump. I am concerned with being able to shut my hood. I know with an Edelbrock Perfomer II intake, I will need an adapter to mount the Rochester carb, And not sure about the EZ EFI, but if I order a Edelbrock carb, then I may be able to shut my hood without problems.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,057 Times in 879 Posts
HOOD??? We don't need no stinkin' hood.
Bolt an RPM or Stealth intake on it if you want to make power.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:41 AM

Last photo:

I would stick with a carb and save your pennies for a port injection setup if you're going with the fuel injection route.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Why? Everything I have seen and read says the EZ-EFI is the real deal up to 600. Tunes itself and learns everytime you drive it. Oh, by the way, they offer it for multi-port deals now. Inglese now offers a old style fuelie unit with 8 stacks controlled by Fast EZ-EFI controller.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:06 AM

Last photo:

I dont believe the tune itself bs. But if your going to inject fuel from the top you might as well use a carb.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicer28
Hi, all, I am going to be making changes to my 1978 Camaro I recently purchased. It currently has a 2 barrel carb. i am going to replace the intake with an Edelbrock Performer II intake. I am trying to decide should I use a spare Rochester Quadrajet I have from another 350 in my garage, of purchase an Edelbrock carb to match the intake. I am also thinking about setting up my engine with one of the new EZ-EFI systems. I know I will have to setup a new Electronic fuel pump. I am concerned with being able to shut my hood. I know with an Edelbrock Perfomer II intake, I will need an adapter to mount the Rochester carb, And not sure about the EZ EFI, but if I order a Edelbrock carb, then I may be able to shut my hood without problems.
If by a "Performer II" you are talking about a Torquer II, I hope I can convince you to reconsider. That intake is an open plenum design that really doesn't perform well, compared to a Performer or EPS intake.

If you have a good Q-jet that has a tight primary throttle shaft, I would w/o hesitation use it on your '78 with a Performer intake or a Performer RPM if you plan on additional mods in the future like headers, cam, better heads, etc.

How's you son liking the '80?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Well, gosh, Ron. What was I thinking. You don't believe it so I guess that's it then. Doesn't matter that FAST is baniking on that particular feature, hence the EZ part. Guess it doesn't matter that an independent source pur it on an engine on the dyno after a 2 hour dyno thrash dialing in a Holley and after bolting it on and making three dyno passes the EZ unit had dialed in the same air to fuel ratios and was making more hp and torque down low. But like you said, you don't believe it so that is good enough for me.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.