Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Transmission - Rearend (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/transmission-rearend/)
-   -   NEW FORD TRANNYS BUILT IN KOREA? ISNT THAT CONTRIBUTING TO THE AXIS OF EVIL? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/new-ford-trannys-built-korea-isnt-contributing-axis-evil-9463.html)

IHAVECHEVYPARTS 11-14-2002 08:40 PM

NEW FORD TRANNYS BUILT IN KOREA? ISNT THAT CONTRIBUTING TO THE AXIS OF EVIL?

I WORKED AT A FORD DEALER AND I HEARD THAT FORD TRANNYS WERE MADE IN KOREA,MAYBE THATS WHY 90 AND UP FORDS HAVE SUCH A PROBLEM WITH THERE TRANSMISSIONS?

78novaman 11-14-2002 10:37 PM

90 and up??? Don't all ford trannys have problems?!! lol!

Also, why does ford use all Japenesse engines in thier cars??

CHEVY4EVER!!

KULTULZ 11-15-2002 04:06 AM

[quote]Also, why does ford use all Japenesse engines in thier cars??<hr></blockquote>

Uh...guess I have some bad news for you. All US manufacturers use foreign components.

FORD partially owms MAZDA

GM has a partnership with TOYOTA and ISUZU

CHRYSLER is mainly MITSUBISHI

So you can't lay it on just one domestic manufacturer...

Maverick 11-15-2002 07:15 AM

Yup! GM's big mighty DURAMAX is made my Isuzu!

78novaman 11-15-2002 02:02 PM

Yea, but GM's V8's are still American, and that's all that really matters. Chrysler abandoned us a long time ago......

roys63 11-15-2002 02:51 PM

Yes and i love my Isuzus to! i have 3 now, Troopers,one with a 2.6 and 227000 miles never had the head off runs like a new one! and 2 1991s with 2.8 chevys with very high miles and still run very good, must be the oil coolers?

dmorris1200 11-15-2002 05:34 PM

I wonder what do you think the Triton V8 Ford engines are? How about the old 3.8 and 3.0 OHV engines? These engines are all Ford. All manufactures nowadays share parts in certain model cars.

[ November 15, 2002: Message edited by: dmorris1200 ]</p>

deuce_454 11-18-2002 04:44 AM

axis of evil.. i hate to say this but i think someone needs to look at a map. south Korea is a western oriented country.. as apposed to the alltogether different country the communist North korea..

the management and design group of mazda in japan is run by americans.. if it mattered what nationallity the workers (99% robots anyway) then isnt a chevy mexican?

chrystler is not mainly mitsubishi. if its mainly anything then its mainly Mercedes (daimler-chrystler is the name of the company.. remember?)

and wouldnt any of you like to have atleast one of the following forgein cars: Mercedes, BMW, Land Rover, Bentley, Lamborghini, Ferrari, All of which can be bought with a v8 (except the Lambo but in that case id make an exception?

anyway being made in Mexico by an American company doesnt nessecarily make it better than everything else out there.