Hot Rod Forum banner

New to the forum

615 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  delawarebill 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and am in the middle of building a t-bucket and have a couple of questions for you all. There is talk that this is the best forum around! What kind of fiberglass resin is everyone using to fiberglass the wood floor to the fiberglass body and are you using mat or cloth.

thank you
Tyler

#3 ·
Welcome to the site... I use polyester resin without the wax in it.... If it has the wax you will have to sand it everytime you glass something else... Without the wax you don't have to sand between glassing..

I use the chopped mat.. And remember this one rule... If you don't want a line to show when your done glassing,, Don't cut it with a scissor,, Tear it, That way when your done glassing everything will look better... I hate it when I see guy's glassing things in a car and you can see the lines on EVERYTHING they glassed in.. It might be covered with Interior.. But I know it's there..Do it right, Or don't do it at all..Good luck.

#4 ·
floor

i don't know the resin is used to do mine, either with wax or not. i did sand between layers. as for the block wooding the sides to attach the interior.. i did small blocks (3x3"), sanded to the curve of body and bondo'd.. sand body and blocks with rough paper, put on a good dab of bondo and push, cleaning up the excess that squeeze out. u can get some good pointers on the national t-bucket alliance site...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.