Hot Rod Forum banner

New Forum: Advanced Hotrodding

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  coldknock 
#1 ·
I'm pleased to introduce a new forum on the board: Advanced Hotrodding. The Advanced Hotrodding forum is intended solely for advanced hotrodding and engineering discussions. The Advanced Hotrodding forum will be moderated by willys36@aol.com. Please read below -- this is a different type of forum than what we're used to.

First of all -- thanks to Weimer. He had initially suggested a "Fabricator's" forum. We tossed his idea around, on the board, and in the Moderator forum, and ultimately decided that an Advanced forum would suit our needs well, and could cover advanced fabrication as well as advanced mechanical and engineering discussions, without significantly overlapping any of our current forums.

ALL posts made in the Advanced Hotrodding forum must FIRST be approved by the Advanced Hotrodding moderator BEFORE they will be visible on the board. This means that you must first enter your post as usual, and then the moderator will have a chance to edit, delete, or approve your post. If approved, it will be placed in the forum. If not approved, it won't be visible in the forum.

The Advanced Hotrodding forum is open to ALL of our members. However, posts must demonstrate advanced hotrodding knowledge. This would naturally include professionals in the engineering/hotrodding/racing fields, but also extends to experienced home-builders, or college students studying engineering or related fields, or even your average hotrodder who has knowledge on an advanced topic and would like to discuss it in a professional environment.

As all Advanced Hotrodding posts will be moderated prior to appearing on the board, there will be zero tolerance for profanity, sexual innuendo, trolling, or other "loose" behavior. We all enjoy having fun in the Lounge, but posts of that nature simply won't be approved, and will never be visible in the Advanced Hotrodding forum.

This is largely an experiment. We'll see how the forum turns out, or how we have to tweak or adjust it to our needs. willys36 will be in charge of establishing the forum and deciding its initial direction, so we're in good hands.

Enjoy!

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't think they mean you gotta be an engineer of sorts to join in. I think it's more along the lines of "There's another forum for the "Which carb to use on my 350" kind of questions. I get frustrated sometimes when I answer a question for someone and then two hours later I have to go back three pages just to find it. There aren't any stupid questions, just the same ones getting posted over and over. It's nice to know that I won't have to sift through 20-30 posts about things that have been beaten to death already.

Thanks for the new forum. I hope I can learn some new things and maybe contribute some here and there.

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.