Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - new front brakes sticky
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 03:05 AM
tryn to learn

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ok i got thew new pads and wheel cyls installed on the rear fine now.

i installed the rotors and wheels and put the parking brake on to test and with both rear wheels off the ground and tranny in neutral. the drivers side i cannot turn forward at all and i can barely turn it backwards but on the passenger side i can turn it forward with not much effort and turning it backwards it grabs a bit. is that normal or do i need to adjust something to get the best out of the E-brake.

the drums that were on the back of my car i took off earlier today and they were rusted the F*ck out so i just junked them and went and got another set i had. took them to auto value and he measured and said they could be machined 1 more time but since theres not to much more on them they could warp or somthing and recommends just reusing them they way they are, scuff them up and use them 1 more time. should i use them or fork out the money on some cheapy Jasper drums from crappy tire, like $25 a peice i think? not shure though