Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New GM ZZ383 Stroker Oil Consumption
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:04 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

That has been the theme of my last few crate engines is either valve stem seals that "pop" off the guide and start riding on the valve or either loose valve to guide clearance. I had two motors from Blueprint engines come that way and they warranteed the engine once but the second time i just went with Trickflow 23 degree heads and can't be happier. My point is that my motor was using a quart every 400 miles and that was the culprit was 3 valves that were loose fitting in the guides. I would assume your valvesprings have dampers in them so you may use the old air compressor trick and pressurize your cylinders and pop the springs off to see if the seals are in place and there isn't excessive play in the valve to guide. >.003 will leak into the cylinders. Despite popular opinion the exhaust valves will suck oil under vacuum of the exhaust pulses. Also have a look at your plugs if only half of the plug is oil fouled it may be the corresponding intake or exhaust valve causing it so u may want to index your plugs if that is the case to see which valve is the problem one. Let us know what you find out.