new guy - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2013, 03:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

new guy

I'm a 65 year old first timer trying to put a big pile of model A parts together. I started 14 years ago and got the rolling chassis almost done (4'' drop axle and Jaguar rear) and then moved to a different house. The story is pretty common; car gets put away, work on house. Well time to get back at it. It will be a while before I get all my notes and literature out and sorted. I was attracted to this site because of the knowledge shared and respect shown.
Bob

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Welcome aboard Bob. Lots of help here!
The Following User Says Thank You to techinspector1 For This Useful Post:
bobl (09-29-2013)
Old 09-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Welcome to the site Bob, and yes, this is a good site.

Actually the good thing about the Model A is that they weren't that complicated and the fact that they are so loved, there are many areas that you could find material on for the reassembly if you run into a snag. I've done a couple over the years and like I said, they're fun and not that difficult.

Here's a couple of pictures of the last one I did.

If you need help in paint or body, look me up, I'll be happy to help where I can.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 ford reflection.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	85289   Click image for larger version

Name:	30 Ford Complete.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	85297  
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
techinspector1 (09-29-2013)
Old 09-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Welcome. Many people who first come to this thread recognize the amount of knowledge but probably don't pick up on the respect that is shown until they have been here a while. This is an exceptional site with some top class members. I believe you will enjoy it.

Welcome aboard.

John
Old 09-29-2013, 09:21 PM

I replied individually to Inspector1, Ray and John and only one "quick reply" showed up. The last time I posted on a forum was probably 15 years ago. Apparently I'm not figuring this out very well. I'll make this much shorter and just say thank you for the welcome and hope this goes through.
Thanks again,
Bob
Old 09-30-2013, 05:16 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean bob. Did you send Techinspector1 a private message? Not to worry, if your a bit confused, I still am as well...LOL. I am a "techtard", meaning that I am anything electronic technologically challenged.

I just learned something during this post that I was wondering how guys did it...I put my cursor on the the thing beside quote on the bottom right hand side of post that has ("+) on it...I just found out that's for multiple quotes...I'm still learning Bob....LOL

Ray
Old 09-30-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Welcome to the site Bob, and yes, this is a good site.

Actually the good thing about the Model A is that they weren't that complicated and the fact that they are so loved, there are many areas that you could find material on for the reassembly if you run into a snag. I've done a couple over the years and like I said, they're fun and not that difficult.

Here's a couple of pictures of the last one I did.

If you need help in paint or body, look me up, I'll be happy to help where I can.

Ray
good job... nice model A ,,,,,
Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

I currently have no unread messages in my Personal Message box.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobl View Post
I replied individually to Inspector1, Ray and John and only one "quick reply" showed up. The last time I posted on a forum was probably 15 years ago. Apparently I'm not figuring this out very well. I'll make this much shorter and just say thank you for the welcome and hope this goes through.
Thanks again,
Bob
Bob, on the very top of the page is a long black bar with forum locations and other stuff on it. Place your cursor on the word "Forum". A menu will drop down. Click on "Today's Posts". This will give you access to all the posts, from all the different forums. You can then pick and choose what you want to read or participate in.

If you want to send someone a private message, click on their screen name, then click "Send a private message to (name)"

Last edited by techinspector1; 09-30-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:04 PM

Thank you for the help. I'm trying to send this to Inspector1. My first try at responding I pressed "quick message" and a screen came up and I typed a message and nothing went through. I did that to John Long and 69 widetrack and neither of those went through. I should have checked after the first message and I would have realized I did something wrong but it seemed easy enough so I did all three before I checked. This time I tried "Reply to Thread". Is there a way to reply to someone in the middle of a thread (not a PM) or do I have to continue the sequence of the thread and in my post state who I am directing my post to? 69 widetrack referred to a term techtard; I realize caps is like shouting but putting it in all caps would still not relay how bad I am.
Thanks again,
Bob
Old 10-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thank you for the help. I'm trying to send this to Inspector1. My first try at responding I pressed "quick message" and a screen came up and I typed a message and nothing went through. I did that to John Long and 69 widetrack and neither of those went through. I should have checked after the first message and I would have realized I did something wrong but it seemed easy enough so I did all three before I checked. This time I tried "Reply to Thread". Is there a way to reply to someone in the middle of a thread (not a PM) or do I have to continue the sequence of the thread and in my post state who I am directing my post to? 69 widetrack referred to a term techtard; I realize caps is like shouting but putting it in all caps would still not relay how bad I am.
Thanks again,
Bob
You can click "Quote" on any post and reply to that post specifically, directing your reply to that person, just like I did here.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Thanks again,
Bob

Not to worry Bob. Just keep on trying, it took me 6 months to learn how to download pictures...I still have trouble...but Techinspector is right, just click on the "quote" button on the lower right of each post, the post that you selected will show up...type what you want and hit the submit button just below the box...it should show up.

Ray
Old 10-01-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I'm not quite sure I know what you mean bob. Did you send Techinspector1 a private message? Not to worry, if your a bit confused, I still am as well...LOL. I am a "techtard", meaning that I am anything electronic technologically challenged.

I just learned something during this post that I was wondering how guys did it...I put my cursor on the the thing beside quote on the bottom right hand side of post that has ("+) on it...I just found out that's for multiple quotes...I'm still learning Bob....LOL

Ray

Multiple quotes? Boy, what won't they think up next! After reading some of ya'll's replies I don't feel like the only dummy here anymore.

And Welcome. You're absolutely correct...this is one of the best bunch of people ever!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.