Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Guy with a 37 or 38 ???
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:19 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37hemidodge View Post
Attachment 70936thanks for the replies thought these loaded the 1st time . And as for pipe dreams thanks not my 1st build just my 1st post here you forum is a little different from the forums I'm use to . So I am told buy the seller it is a 38 dodge but he did not sound confident in saying that .
To tell you the truth I saw the rust lines in the roof and the pillar and thought someone had chopped and streched it a little bit but I guess it was from something else,but regaurdless it looks great even if it wasnt chopped also I was thinking I wanted to chop mine but decided against it it looks great as is,its already pretty low and all I could do is screw it up ,so I didnt do it (maybe I'll chop the other one just for the heck of it just to see what it looks like,its just a hulk ,parts car anyway)....I always wanted a biz coupe, it didnt really matter what make because I also thought they all looked alike but they all looked cool. much better than a sedan but I got a ride home from a bar in a 40 ford and thought THATS the coolest car I ever been in.....,so is yours a biz coupe ? I'd be surprized if it wasn't It has the biz coupe look and its really cool ,the short 1/4 glass,longer deck lid,etc...but basicly they all do look similar, you have to really look close to see the differances between the makes,my mechanic friend always asks : hows that willies coming,I wish (thats my all time favorite ,especially a gasser ,what a car to have....I'm sure there are those that think that a willies gasser looks stupid too,I'm just not one of them any gasser looks cool IMO....A willies gasser just happens to be my # 1 choice, if I could have any car I wanted....since I'm poor I got the first biz coupe I found when I found, it was the only... untouched, (rotted out POS)that I could afford....but I really wanted one...
Its not done but I've insured it and drove it a little (less than 20 miles) now I'm gearing up to take it all back apart and finish it up,painting everything as I go...The hard part is getting started again, I love the fact that I can start it up and go,its come so far....
Anyways if you ever need inspiration just look at what I started with ,you just have to keep at it ,a little at a time....like my good friend Brian (martin Sr), says ...5 min a day is all it takes ,dont let it sit ,just do something every day on it.....heres some pics of my 48 biz coupe (my wife called it a chicken coupe for quite a while)....
having trouble posting pics ,sorry ..
.I will get them on for you and help you in any way I can with your build ....not that you'll need any,but I do have some contacts that'll be a big help for parts and such....some of this stuff is hard to find....
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
37hemidodge (02-07-2013)