Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Guy with a 37 or 38 ???
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
a friend of mine had a 68 or 69 fairlane set up as a gasser and it was cool verrrrrry radical and tough to drive but dang that thing was cool as hail...That was years ago when I was a teen,so was he and it wasnt built very well but it ran strong and could pull the wheels off the ground ,I hate that... when I'm in the passenger side

I was seriously thinking of making a gasser out of the other 48 ply or possibly a chopped roadster type thing with no sheetmetal on the front end..It'llbe awhile anyway, so I got time...I really want to chop it though ,I'm leaning towards the gasser but I dont think it would look right with a chopped top ,I dont think anyways,maybe i'll try it and see ..You ever see a gasser with a chopped top??? Hmmmmmm...
Yes, I've seen several chop top gassers, but NHRA had limits on how far you could chop them (2"-3" if I remember right) so they aren't ever a radical chop. Big John Mazmanian's Austin gasser was a chop top version.