New Guy with a 37 or 38 ??? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Some of those early Mopar coupes of that style also had rumble seats.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 PM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:

Not sure if it's just me,but by my eye,they do look like the 37 Chevy's.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM

Last photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	70994 hope this helps
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM

Last photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	70996Attachment 70995Attachment 70994 hope this helps . Sorry pick is upside down its proper on my iPad loads to your site but then hit upload and it flips over ????? Nuts!!!

Last edited by 37hemidodge; 02-01-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:52 PM

Last photo:

The little curve to the straight axle appears much like the stock axle on mid 30's Mopar vehicles. Looks like the one my neighbor pulled out of his '35 Plymouth.
Still a great start for a project car!
We have something in common! I retired as an electrician 2 yrs. ago, after 35 years in the trade!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
The little curve to the straight axle appears much like the stock axle on mid 30's Mopar vehicles. Looks like the one my neighbor pulled out of his '35 Plymouth.
Still a great start for a project car!
We have something in common! I retired as an electrician 2 yrs. ago, after 35 years in the trade!
nice should have been a plumber not !!! I'm on like 28 years now I run a small shop with a few great guys . Did 6 years with automotive when I was a young gun and said not for a living . Cars have always been my true hobby but had to raise a family of kid first ! Can't wait to drive that coupe always loved them !!!! Looked at three Willys 41's. each 10 g + looking like the dodge I have now (Willys rule ) have loved them since the movie hot rod back on the late 70s ??? 69 cutlass vers 41 Willys .
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,086 Times in 898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLeadbodyman View Post
ike I said who cares what your opinion is especially when its stated like it was.
Goes both ways, who cares what your opinion is?

Quote:
LOL,why is that these types always say something totally stupid ,like chopped tops look stupid, ON A HOTROD SITE......
My opinion sounds totally stupid to you and your opinion sounds totally stupid to me. So what?

Quote:
then call it a venomus attack when someone sits them back down....Then continues by calling that person names. like a child...and I'm the ignorant one???
There is not one ounce of validity in what you're saying. You argue like a Democrat, all emotion with zero facts or logic.

Quote:
You want facts ....The OP wanted to know more about the car like the year not your solitary opinions, so why dont you sit down at that computor and help us narrow it down...it should be easy for YOU...
My statement was written as a result of the post by spacytracy, not the OP and not you. You're the one who jumped bad, not that it was any of your business.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 AM

Last journal entry: New neon sign for the garage
Last photo:

Ok techinspector. I Was going to bow out, but since you feel the need to to add insult to injury....you're the one that called me a monkey for my suggestion that he chop the top. I think you need to go back and read your posts and think long and hard about your comments directed at me and others. You call others out for for offending you, but imho you started all the crap that has been flying. All I did was suggest that in my humble opinion a chop would look good on his coupe. He voiced that chops don't do it for him. I respect that. Afterall its his project, but you are the one to throw out insults toward me. Get a life will you. Respect is earned, not commanded.
The Following User Says Thank You to spacytracy For This Useful Post:
oldsguy (02-02-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1 View Post
Goes both ways, who cares what your opinion is?

My opinion sounds totally stupid to you and your opinion sounds totally stupid to me. So what?

There is not one ounce of validity in what you're saying. You argue like a Democrat, all emotion with zero facts or logic.

My statement was written as a result of the post by spacytracy, not the OP and not you. You're the one who jumped bad, not that it was any of your business.
Holy cow! An adult? Sounds like a bunch of school kids calling each other out on the playground. Save it for the lounge area.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
Ok techinspector. I Was going to bow out, but since you feel the need to to add insult to injury....you're the one that called me a monkey for my suggestion that he chop the top. I think you need to go back and read your posts and think long and hard about your comments directed at me and others. You call others out for for offending you, but imho you started all the crap that has been flying. All I did was suggest that in my humble opinion a chop would look good on his coupe. He voiced that chops don't do it for him. I respect that. Afterall its his project, but you are the one to throw out insults toward me. Get a life will you. Respect is earned, not commanded.
You guys are unbelievable. I never called you a monkey. I said monkey see, monkey do. It means that whatever you see someone else do, you think you have to do yourself. You've seen chopped tops before and so you suggested to the OP that his car needed chopping. I was simply voicing my opinion about chops. You like 'em. Bodyman likes 'em. I hate 'em. Again, SO WHAT!!!!! This is like dealing with grade school kids. Now, don't say that I called you a grade school kid or anything else. I simply can't believe all the stink over making what I meant as an opinion. You're allowed to have an opinion. Bodyman is allowed to have an opinion. I am not allowed to have an opinion if it conflicts with your opinion??????
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Holy cow! An adult? Sounds like a bunch of school kids calling each other out on the playground. Save it for the lounge area.
OK studly, I guess you'd just sit and take it if someone attacked you? I'm not made that way and I'll scream like a gut-shot panther if someone steps on my toes. All I did was voice an opinion and I'll continue to voice my opinion every time I want to regardless of the outcome.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 PM

Last journal entry: New neon sign for the garage
Last photo:

Quote:
OK studly, I guess you'd just sit and take it if someone attacked you? I'm not made that way and I'll scream like a gut-shot panther if someone steps on my toes. All I did was voice an opinion and I'll continue to voice my opinion every time I want to regardless of the outcome.
Pathetic little boy
Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Oh, I've seen how you're wired, and I wont take the bait. You gotta grow up sometime.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
A look at his screen name suggests that he has visions of sugar plum fairies and a '37 Dodge with a Hemi in it.
I guess this was not a attack on the newbie ???? But this was my 1st post 1st day did you feel compelled to s on me i just wanted a date opinion on my new ride and this is what you gave me for advice ! NOT COOL !!!!! Not the kind of help most people need ! Thanks have a great day.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,273 Times in 1,114 Posts
37hemidodge every one of these forums have some bickering once in a while, don't let this stop you from posting, there are a LOT of very good discussions and knowledge shared here.

I want to see that project underway, it's a damn cool one and I want to see it personally.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
37hemidodge (02-03-2013)

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.