New guy to the forum and my project Hotrod Blazer - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 01:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New guy to the forum and my project Hotrod Blazer

Afternoon folks. Just registered and first off I have to say hats off to you all for having such a wonderful wealth of knowledge on this forum. I see myself spending lots of time here for years to come with all of my future projects!

My name is Craig Collier, I'm 26 and I'm from Paducah, KY. I've been in the custom automotive scene now for about 10 years. The majority of that was spent doing mobile audio. Now, as I'm getting older, I'm taking more pride in the beauty of a vehicle rather than its abilty to crush pavement with the stereo system. LOL. I've always loved hotrods, rat rods, street rods and always will. I'm also a HUGE fan of the Tri-Five Chevys.

Anyway, I thought I would give you guys a run down on what I'm working on right now. My project is not your "typical" hotrod. It's a 1996 Chevy S10 Blazer that is being redone from the frame up; but being redone to reflect hotrod styling that I love so much.

So let's start with the basis of this project; the frame. From the firewall south we trashed all the stock frame and suspension. The front clip was modified with dropped frame horns and mated to 2x3 1/4" wall box tubing. The frame was built to give my blazer a stock floor body drop. It also allows me to keep my rear cargo floor area since it was dropped back down behind the axle.

The front suspension consists of Bell Tech drop spindles, Air Ride Technologies upper and lower tubular arms and Slam Specialties RE7 airbags. Rear suspension is a full forward triangulated 4-link utilizing the "bag on bar" setup which mounts the bags to the lower bars towards the front of the pivot point to provide better ride quality and increased lift. The rear bags are the same RE7s as used up front.

Engine and drivetrain: Motor is a 350 small block Chevy that has been bored and reworked to a 355 and built to specs using a Car Craft article to produce 440HP. It has a nasty Comp cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Holley Street Avenger 770 carb, Pertronix ignition, and the list goes on. Tranny is a completely rebuilt 700R4 done by a shop in Florida; built to hold 600HP. Rear end is a Ford 9" that's been narrowed 8" on each side for the big wheels.

Wheels: Boyd Coddington Slayers in 20x8.5" up front and 22x10" out back with a 7" hotrod lip. Tires are Nitto NT555s.

Body: Everything on this blazer has been shaved or is in the process of being shaved. Starting up front with the hood squirters, antenna hole, cowl, and windshield wipers; moving to all 4 door handles and gas door; to the rear where everything is gone...taillights, rear gate pop, rear wiper, tailgate welded shut and a full sheetmetal roll pan and quarter panel set from Grant Kustoms. There are also some misc. shaved items that I won't reveal...you just have to see if you can find them haha. In the roof, the luggage rack is gone as well as the support ribs; in its place is a 38x70 sliding black canvas rag top. The rear doors and door jambs had to be tubbed to allow the 22"s clearance when laid out. The 285/35/22" tires come to the bottom of the window . Firewall was tubbed for clearance and smoothed. 98+ S10 conversion with flush billet, future Grant Kustoms Toyota front bumper.

Interior: Nothing just yet. Fully custom sheetmetal floor from front to rear. This gives me 2" more headroom than stock (in case I want to chop it some day haha). I've got plans for a sheetmetal dash or one from a 55-57 Chevy, flat hotrod door panels, push button start, hotrod gauges, bench seat front and rear, etc. Everything inside will take styling cues from the countless hotrod pics I have saved over the years.

Paint: This is a rendering of one of the ideas I have rolling around in my head--

That's basically the jist of it. If you want to know more specifics, please feel free to ask me!

I have to give credit where credit due too. Suspension work, the new floor, and the rear shaving was performed by Kyle Dimetroff in Joplin, MO. Engine work is being performed by Hector Gonzales of El Paso, TX. The rest of the truck is being built by me and possibly painted by me.

Feel free to check out my Street Source Magazine profile as well as my MySpace pages at:
http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profi...Profileid=5923
http://www.myspace.com/layinbodyblazer

Here are a few pics of what I have going on, more pics are found in the links above.

Enjoy!!!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.