Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - new guy - help with paint screw ups!!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

hmmmmm... kinda thought somebody wouldve commented on my project thus far. well... its still happening and im really getting frustrated. i read some more posts this morning about wrinkling and the like and one of the problems suggested was improper sanding. so i resanded the area im fixing with 320 wet/dry instead of just scuffing with scotchbrite. i wiped it with wax/grease remover and immediately followed with a clean cloth (as recommended in another post). i went and helped dad with a project for maybe an hour, came back and sprayed my silver and wrinkled it with the plastic sheet. and dammit if the backside of the cab didnt start pulling up on me again!! i let it dry for half hour or so and sprayed my candy apple red over it. the areas it pulled started to pull alittle more. at this point im just going to clear the friggin thing after dinner and be done. i cant afford any more time lost messing with this truck as i need it finished and driving to pull my camper at the end of june. any more suggestions?? could too much reducer in my silver cause this??