Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New guy here, looking for some tips.
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Bleeds IH red

Wiki Edits: 0

New guy here, looking for some tips.

Hello everyone. I'm doing a full ground up restoration of a '71 international "travelette" crew cab long bed pickup truck. Pulled out the old gas 392 to make room for a International DT466 diesel. Converting to 4x4 also. Doing some rust repair and then body work. My main question here can anyone point me in the direction of a good place for acid dipping and e coating in the northeastern part of the country? I lived in NE PA. I drove the truck 2700 miles from AZ home to PA. I want to get in every nook and crannie! I'm cutting the heavy rust out and replacing with fresh metal but theres lots of areas in the pillars and rockers that have surface rust I cannot get to. The few searches I have done lead me to this site and spoke of a place in michigan. There was mixed reviews. I have many many hours not only getting it home but fixing the cab and custom building a firewall. If there were to damage it beyond repair I would probably lose it. Can't just source a cab for it. none of the truck fourms I'm on have any leads, most of us truck guys are cheap and won't spend to do something like that. Thanks for reading and any info provided!

-Jon