Hot Rod Forum banner

new guy with some questions

949 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DanTwoLakes 
#1 · (Edited)
I been lurking and reading the tutorials and man are they good. Was the Tuck and Roll thread ever updated to include the other styles of doing it?

Next thing I have a question about is this seat I got a picture of. This is a 58 Chevy seat that I am trying to sorta copy for my 58 Chevy. I have everything pretty much figured out but I am trying to figure out how to make the seams that I have circled. I know they are hard to see but they are stiched on both sides of the seam.

Lastly I dont have good enough original door panels to use to cut out new ones. Does anyone know where to get blanks for a 58 Chevy or know someone who has some templates they could copy for me?

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
They are French seams. Check out this thread:CLICK HERE

The seams in the thread are done differently than the ones in your picture. The ones in your picture are sewn together with just fabric, not with sew foam under the seam like in the French seam thread.

#4 ·
Sorry, I didn't see the rest of your question below the picture.

You can make your own door panel blanks out of PVC foamboard, or waterproof panel board. Can you take a picture of the bare door?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.