New guy wanting to know who's boss :D - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Clueless Teenager

Last journal entry: Misc.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New guy wanting to know who's boss :D

No, I'm just wondering who all has been here a while and would like to know how welcome I am as a poor young gun interested in cars and trucks... I really love building up engines, I just got through building my first complete engine from ground up. It's a 355ci , had the machine work done by Dick's Machine Shop in Springfield, MO, but the rest was all me while my dad and brother were telling me what to do ... I LOVE ENGINES.....

I would like to see some project cars if anyone has a website or something, but I've had a couple of projects myself:

1977 GMC Sierra Grande 15 4x4 (First vehicle ever, bought from my uncle Billy)

1969 Ford F-250 w/ 390ci (traded a go-kart for it SCORE!)

Trying to beat a kid at buying a rolled pickup. I think you all know him, "ConvertiblePickupGuy", as he is who drove me to come to these forums.

It's a 1983 Chevrolet Pickup that Jeffery Dunn rolled here in Bois D' Arc, MO and it's got a 350ci and a 700r4 in it, although the tranny is messed up due to running without a T.V. cable, dumbas$.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Re: New guy wanting to know who's boss :D

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyMan9600
No, I'm just wondering who all has been here a while and would like to know how welcome I am as a poor young gun.
Hi....Well, you got me...THE BOSS....
ANYHOW.....I am not the longest of term member but, you could say I've been here a while.....How welcome are you....
If you don't cause trouble, respond and post nicely and respect the other members then I would say you are MOST WELCOME!
You'll find out who the big dogs are just by reading posts and seeing who is cool....You did a great service by introducing yourself properly. Good job.....
You're in.....welcome aboard..
Old 02-18-2004, 10:51 PM
CORNFED and INBRED !?!

Nice to meet ya' kid!! And I probably have at one time or another!! I live in Halltown and drive for O'Reilly's! I deliver to Ash Grove, Greenfield, Lamar, etc.,etc.,! It's great to know someone in the area! (I can throw a rock to Bois D'Arc) Hey, isn't that what Noah said when it started to rain?!? Bois D'Arc?!? Get it? Get it? Aww, forget it! WELCOME to the ASYLUM!!!!!

Last edited by OddRodder; 02-18-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:00 PM
RatRod B4 RatRods were Cool

Last photo:

Re: Re: New guy wanting to know who's boss :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandflea427SS
Hi....Well, you got me...THE BOSS....
ANYHOW.....I am not the longest of term member but, you could say I've been here a while.....How welcome are you....
If you don't cause trouble, respond and post nicely and respect the other members then I would say you are MOST WELCOME!
You'll find out who the big dogs are just by reading posts and seeing who is cool....You did a great service by introducing yourself properly. Good job.....
You're in.....welcome aboard..

I probably could have introduced myself a little better at first.
oh well, I gess everybody knows me by now.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Clueless Teenager

Last journal entry: Misc.
Last photo:

Hey OddRodder, I saw in another post that you know of Becks... Do you know Jimmy personally? Just wondering how often you deliver there as I'm there all the time either getting starters or dress-up kits, etc. If you get a chance, ask him how many starters I had to get for my 1977 Chevy Pickup, it's hilarious, he'll probebly start cracking up in the store, I was in there once a week or so to get a new starter, then I finally just sold the truck. Come to find out, it was the wrong battery tearing up the cylinoid (how do you spell that?). I would love to meet you some time, I'm in Bois D' Arc all the time visiting friends... let me know.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:18 AM
CORNFED and INBRED !?!

Yeah I have known Jimmy for 20+ years! (the dad, right) I probably hauled every starter that you tried back and forth from the warehouse, Thanks Alot! It's solenoid (try the spell check)
Old 02-19-2004, 08:42 AM

Last photo:

Yo SkyMan, welcome to Hotrodders. I've been here since september, I'm 24, have been working on cars most of my life, but really started getting interested in how things work the past 2 years. I try not to claim I know much around here because honestly, I'm still a little out of my league here.

There's no doubt that you've found yourself right smack dab in the middle of most of the smartest folks in the business. That's why I hardly post much more than questions in the technical side, I'm not experienced enough for answering yet. Although I do take some guesses on paper here and there when I see someone with a problem, then compare later.

Anyway, just try to show these guys some respect. Some have dedicated their lives to this. We owe them at least a little courtesy.

If you'd like a good idea of who to ask, just read up on some of the posts already there and find out who gave the most informative and helpful reply.

MoocH
Old 02-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Last journal entry: Frame Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by k2mooch
Yo SkyMan, welcome to Hotrodders. I've been here since september, MoocH
Wait, you've been here since September, and have already racked up 800 somthing posts?!?!?!?!?!?! Good G0d son, get a life!!!

Chris
Old 02-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

"The Boss?" I didn't know that Sprinstein was on this site. Welcome young gun.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:22 AM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Why dont you get the (Bleep) outta here!
Just kidding.! Hang around. Ive been here for quit a while now and Im still learning everyday. Have fun. HG

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.